Saturday, February 13, 2010

She is here!!!

Abigail Grace Roberson was born Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 1:44 pm via C-section. She weighed 5lbs 7oz and 18.3 inches long. She is beautiful!!! She has alot of the "Porter look" :) Yay me!! lol

I always loved the name we chose for her, but God (via my mother in law) gave me a different point of view of her name!

Stan and I were trying to come to a decision about whether I should try to have another child down the road, or get my tubes tied. This is actually a question that I think a pregnant woman should never be asked!!! :0 We decided to just wait and see, so we told my dr not to tie them while I was in surgery. That Monday and Tuesday night before she was born, I kept feeling pain in my stomache (kinda like a bladder infection with contractions). It kept me up all night. Finally, Wednesday morning, I called the dr. Went in and told him about my pain. He put me on the monitor for only about 30 minutes. when he came in and told me we would deliver about lunch time. It really scared me that he seemed so concerned. He had checked my cervix and realized her head was really low. So, he sent us to the hospital. We had the c section and Abi was sent to the NICU to be monitored for respiratory distress and the fact that I had the gestational diabetes. As the dr was leaving, he came to talk to us. He told me that my uteran wall is thin and it might have ruptured had Abi stayed in much longer! This really scared us! We told him that if we had realized that, we would have had him tie my tubes. He told me he can do that at my 6 wk appt., in the office, and not leave an incision!!! wow!!!
We brought Abi home when she was 3 days old!!! It was so nice to bring her home with me and not leave her in the NICU.
God gave us a clear answer! I cannot carry a baby past 36 weeks and that has been proven! The Lord spared us and I am so thankful!

Stan is going to ECPI for computer networking. This program is for 1 1/2 yr. This schooling will allow his unemployment to continue! I am so thankful for that. He will go to school Monday thru Thursdays 5:30-10pm. He will start March 1st!!! This gives him the feeling of purpose in life. he needs that! Now, we need to pray that God will give him a job, then us a place to live... so on.
But I cannot deny that God has always provided and continues to provide!

I hope you have a wonderful week everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, dear Christina! It's good to have you back in the blogging world again! :) Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete