Friday, April 10, 2009

Anniversary

Today, my husband and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary. It is hard to believe that 5 years go by that fast! As I look back, I realize how much we have been through and how God has helped us. I have had many physical problems over the years, and I have watched my husband stand by me with great love and concern. I have watched my husband struggle with what God will have him do, be treated wrongly and yet, stand for what is right. Our marriage has been hard work, but when you love someone with all that is in you, you find it easy to stand by them no matter what happens. Our love is stronger now than it was the day we were married because of the things we have been through. God has given us 3 beautiful babies (one is waiting in heaven for us), for which we love with all our hearts. My husband has been there faithfully through my biggest heart aches of my life.... the miscarriage of our first baby and the loss of my best friend, my mother. He was there to hold me as I cried my heart out. He is still there for me. God gave me the most wonderful husband any woman could ask for. I am more blessed than I deserve. Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary... I am glad God gave you such a man... to help through the trials... I am so thankful for my man also - God simply knows what we need and gives it to us!! :)
    I did not know about your baby or your mother... I will pray that your memories are always sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this post, Christina, I rejoice with you in the fact that the Lord has given you such a godly man. Yet, my heart also aches for you because of your miscarriage and how much you miss your mom. I remember Preacher Griffin always saying that with the passing of someone dear it made Heaven a little sweeter to look forward to. Truly...with each passing year I understand that so much better. I wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete