Monday, March 30, 2009

Psalm 31

Psalm 31 is one of my favorite chapter. Anytime I had a surgery or was going thru a hard trial, I read this chapter and was greatly encouraged.

I always had fun reading this chapter before I had back surgery (which was many times).
I would pick certain phrases and ask God to help me.

For example:
vs 2: " Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily:" My prayer was that the Lord listen to me and please give me a speedy recovery!
vs. 15: " My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me." I always thought that though the doctors were there to help me, they were persecuting me. :)


But, verse 14 covered it all: "But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God."
I trusted God to bring me through every surgery and trial, and He did! He alone is my God and my Salvation. I am so blessed to be a child of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment